Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Passion Flower Blooms






















There were many times I thought I gave this one a last chance.
That is to say, if there is nothing superbly happening - I might try for the last time..
Hard pruning, a heavy fertilising and wait for the final round..

The final round didn't happen..
I gave up fertilising - occasionally I throw the vine up hoping it get hooked somewhere
and don't disturb the entrance for an easy excess.

Yes..
All that is a failed attempts.
This one rarely flowers (don't hope for the first fruit to appear)
I tried many times with fertilisers but nothing had bulged..
And all I get was vines everywhere..






















Then one fateful night (actually it was yesterday)
This one bloomed with another maiden bud just beside it..
Ohh.. how I marvel at the perfection of the whole flower.

Yeah..
I guess I was getting impatient and this was my final reward.
I did show to my wife and her span of interest and amusement
that comes to flowers last shorter that a honey bee visit..
(Well - divide it with 10 and consider that timing in seconds)






















I should be rejoicing.. Yay!
Sorry for my lack of joy in this..
Probably I got worn out of waiting too long..

Nevertheless..
There was actually..
A hint of excitement and excitement when I first saw it yesterday...
And that made all the waiting worth it.

After this..
If you ask me whether I would plant another passionflower again..
Maybe.. Maybe not..
I think I would settle with the ones that gives out constant blooms..
I realised that I'm not the patient type.






















What about you?
Would you settle for a jungle like vine for almost a year?
Without flower or fruits?
That would definitely create a challenge for any gardener.





No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month